The Wolf who lives inside me

I was looking through my file cabinet and found my middle school poetry report. I wrote this during my IV treatments at the hospital. This poem was also published in the school newspaper.
It is written in the form of an iambic pentameter, which is "a line of verse with five metrical feet, each consisting of one short (or unstressed) syllable followed by one long (or stressed) syllable, for example Two households, both alike in dignity." (Google)

Enjoy!

My Life

Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped inside myself
No bright lights at the end of the tunnel
Wishing for a life filled with joy and wealth
My life spirals like a funnel

I've been through hell and I know what it's like
Times are dimmed now; I wish they were better,
My life is rough like a treacherous hike
I can't express this feeling in letters

Now I have a new perspective on life
Always pushing myself to greater heights
Maybe someday I'll be a loving wife
Now I am beginning to see the lights

I might not be right I might just be wrong
But no matter what, my faith will be strong




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mindful Gratitude

Mental Health and Asian Americans

Reborn Again.