Mindful Gratitude


Stretching my neck,
Feel it go down my spine,
Like ocean waves,
Stretching my back,
Feel it pop and then crack,
Like ripples of the lake,
Flexing every joint, every muscle, every piece of my being
Listen to every nerve in my body
Feel it in my soul, in my chest, in my heart as an unwavering sense of calm.
I need this calm like I need water, like I need oxygen. Too much has been uncertain about my life. 
I breathe in deep and let it rush through me, enveloping my whole exterior and then penetrating my insides. I feel the waves crashing in around me, the hope for a new and better day where stress flies out the window.
A quiet mood becomes me, sensing this new me, a harmonious bond between mind, body, and spirit. I close my eyes, smell the air, and think mindfully on this feeling. I meditate on all my senses, stopping to analyze my body and truly focus on each sensation;
The way my eyes feel heavy as I close them, and the scent of rain in the air; the way the wind wisps by and tangles up my hair and howls past the trees; the taste of my fresh brewed coffee.
My sense is heightened as my mind is heightened. And I let my mind fade away into a bliss of tranquil mindful gratitude.
-Laura Ng

Comments

  1. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good Laura... It was very deep and inspirational

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reborn Again.

Mental Health and Asian Americans